Second Sunday of Lent – 13 March 2022
Genesis 15:5-12, 17-18. Psalm 27:1, 7-8, 8-9, 13-14. Philippians 3:17–4:1. Luke 9:28b-36.
Reflecting on Transfiguration. Lent is not an end. It is a necessary transition, as it is every year, to the glory of life in Christ – in which we already share in some incomplete way. These dazzling white clothes of Jesus recall our own baptismal garments in which we were clothed in him. They remind us to imitate him in all we think and do and say.
- How does the glory of Christ dazzle me to reflect on __________?
- How does my Baptism strengthen me to do __________?
- To use Saint Paul’s words, how will I stand firm in the Lord?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for the Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time