Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time – 06 November 2022
2 Maccabees 7:1-2, 9-14. Psalm 17:1, 5-6, 8, 15. 2 Thessalonians 2:16–3:5. Luke 20:27-38.
What Is This Resurrection? The Bible readings have something to say about faithfulness. The brothers Maccabees remain faithful to the Lord even while facing torture and death. Saint Paul tells the Thessalonians – and us – God is faithful and, thus, be faithful in return. In conversation with the Sadducees, Jesus says that as important as this life is, resurrected life is more so and will be much more than we imagine.
- How will I be faithful this week?
- To whom will I be faithful?
- How will I keep my focus on resurrected life and not let prosperity of this life get in the way?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time