Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, Solemnity – 20 November 2022
2 Samuel 5:1-3. Psalm 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5. Colossians 1:12-20. Luke 23:35-43.
Who Is This Beloved Son? In today’s gospel, we hear the conversations of the two thieves with Jesus. It is talk about the Kingdom of Heaven. The second reading is worth rereading all week long. It describes what we believe about this beloved Son, this firstborn from the dead, this Jesus the Christ.
- Spend time with the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds that affirm what we believe.
- How can I fall more and more in love with this beloved Son?
- What can I do and say to make my way to heaven?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time