Twenty-Ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 16 October 2022
Exodus 17:8-13. Psalm 121:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8. 2 Timothy 3:14–4:2. Luke 18:1-8.
Is God Slow to Answer Prayer? Moses wearily struggles to keep his hands raised in prayer for the benefit of the People. He needs help. Don’t we all! Timothy is charged to remain faithful to the Scriptures. Us, too! Jesus tells a parable about praying. Don’t be weary, he says. Be persistent, he says. Do it always, he says.
- How is my life of prayer?
- How will a small daily dose of reading the Bible foster my daily prayer? If unsure where to start, read and reread the Sunday texts.
- How can I be relentless in praying day after day, even if it seems God is slow to act?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time