Twenty-Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time – 02 October 2022
Habakkuk 1:2-3; 2:2-4. Psalm 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9. 2 Timothy 1:6-8, 13-14. Luke 17:5-10.
What About Seed and Service? Here are two puzzling teachings for today. One, of mulberry tree and mustard seed. Another, of servant and master. The first assures us that even a little faith can accomplish very big, even unimaginable things. The second distinguishes between part-time or full-time service. Add to this Paul’s advice to Timothy: “bear your share of hardship for the gospel.” Disciples, that is, followers of Christ, need to be all-in.
- What big things will my faith in God accomplish today?
- What hardship will I bear to be a full-time follower?
- What mercy work can I do to accomplish this?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time