Pentecost Sunday (at the Vigil Mass) – Saturday evening, 04 June 2022
Extended Form 1. Genesis 11:1-9. Psalm 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15. 2. Exodus 19:3-8a, 16-20b. Psalm: Daniel 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56. OR Psalm 19: 8, 9, 10, 11. 3. Ezekiel 37:1-14. Psalm 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9. 4. Joel 3:1-5. Psalm 104:1-2a, 24 and 35c, 27-28, 29bc-30. Romans 8:22-27. John 7:37-39.
Simple Form Genesis 11:1-9 OR Exodus 19:3-8a, 16-20b OR Ezekiel 37:1-14 OR Joel 3:1-5. Psalm 104:1-2a, 24 and 35c, 27-28, 29bc-30. Romans 8:22-27. John 7:37-39.
Vigiling at Pentecost. This newly restored vigil tells the Pentecostal story in much the same way the Easter Vigil tells its story. It is done through many biblical readings of God’s activity. Even if I do not participate in the prayer of Saturday evening, I can spend time with the readings.
- How does the Spirit of God aid me and intercede for me?
Pentecost Sunday (at the Mass during the Day) – Sunday, 05 June 2022
Acts 2:1-11. Psalm 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34. 1 Corinthians 12:3b-7, 12-13. OR Romans 8:8-17. Sequence – Veni, Sancte Spiritus / Come, Holy Spirit, come! John 20:19-23. OR John 14:15-16, 23b-26.
Being Filled with the Spirit. Even locked doors cannot keep Jesus away. Even locked doors do not prevent Jesus from breathing the Holy Spirit into us. We do not need to lock ourselves away when the risen Jesus is near. We do not need to lock ourselves away when filled with the Spirit.
- Filled with the Holy Spirit, whom need I forgive?
- Filled with the Holy Spirit, how will I behave today as a child of God?
Filled with the Holy Spirit, what will I say that needs saying?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time