Fifth Sunday of Lent – 03 April 2022
Year C readings: Isaiah 43:16-21. Psalm 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6. Philippians 3:8-14. John 8:1-11.
Reflecting on Shameful Acts. She is caught in adultery. They drag her before Jesus and the crowd, more to trip him up than mete out the law. What does Jesus do? He asks, who is without sin? A great lenten question.
- What stone will I put down and not pound against someone else?
- What sin will I admit and find a way to resolve it?
- Because of God’s mercy to me, what mercy work will I do for another?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time