Thirty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time – 31 October 2021
Deuteronomy 6:2-6. Psalm 18:2-3, 3-4, 47, 51. Hebrews 7:23-28. Mark12:28b-34.
What Matters the Most to God? The answer is simple: love God and love your neighbor as yourself. The practice is harder. Recall the Good Samaritan who cares for the beaten man on the roadside (Luke 10:29-37). A neighbor is not just a friend or relative or part of the tribe. A neighbor is anyone. We are to love everyone. That kind of loving keeps us near the Kingdom of God.
- What of my actions show that I am loving God?
- What of my actions show that I am loving myself?
- What of my actions show that I am loving my neighbor, that is, everyone?
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Pentecost Sunday
- Bulletin Shorts for The Ascension of the Lord
- Bulletin Shorts for the Sixth and Seventh Sundays of Easter
- Bulletin Shorts for the Fifth Sunday of Easter
- Bulletin Shorts for the Fourth Sunday of Easter