The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Solemnity – 15 August 2021
At the Vigil Mass on Saturday evening
1 Chronicles 15:3-4, 15-16; 16:1-2. Psalm 132:6-7, 9-10, 13-14. 1 Corinthians 15:54b-57. Luke 11:27-28.
Mass during the Day
Revelation 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab. Psalm 45:10, 11, 12, 16. 1 Corinthians 15:20-27. Luke 1:39-56.
Taken to Heaven. In the Eastern Churches, what we call the Assumption, they call the Dormition of Mary – her falling asleep in the Lord. A wonderful image to face death that may be soon or far away.
- How am I preparing to fall asleep in the Lord?
- How can I, like Mary, sing God’s praise?
- How can I, like Mary, look after a cousin or friend or neighbor in need of help?
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for the Twenty-Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Twenty-Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for The Exaltation of the Holy Cross
- Bulletin Shorts for the Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Twenty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time