Twenty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time – 22 August 2021
Joshua 24:1-2a, 15-17, 18b. Psalm 34:2-3, 16-17, 18-19, 20-21. Ephesians 5:21-32. John 6:60-69.
One Last Bread of Life Story. The gospel today is filled with doubt, murmuring, shock, and disbelief. So much so, that many stopped following Jesus, returning to their former lives. Jesus, thus, asked the Twelve: “What about you?” Peter answers for them: “To whom shall we go? We are convinced you are the Holy One of God.”
- Why do I still follow Jesus?
- Of what am I convinced about him?
- Bread of life. Communion. What do I believe?
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Pentecost Sunday
- Bulletin Shorts for The Ascension of the Lord
- Bulletin Shorts for the Sixth and Seventh Sundays of Easter
- Bulletin Shorts for the Fifth Sunday of Easter
- Bulletin Shorts for the Fourth Sunday of Easter