Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 31 July 2022
Ecclesiastes 1:2; 2:21-23. Psalm 90:3-4, 5-6, 12-13. Colossians 3:1-5, 9-11. Luke 12:13-21.
About Greed. Family quarrels, regrettably, are often about inheritance, about possessions. That should be mine, we may say. I do not have enough, we may say. Jesus tells a story about how we are stewards only, and not owners of what we use; about how possessions can possess.
- How much is enough?
- What do I have that I can give away?
- With mercy works in mind, what will I do?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time