Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 26 June 2022
1 Kings 19:16b, 19-21. Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11. Galatians 5:1, 13-18. Luke 9:51-62.
About Our Journey. After his ministry in Galilee, Jesus sets his face for Jerusalem. Many disciples follow him to this destination, his destiny – as should we. For following Jesus is our call. It is our central task. It is our salvation. We do this not alone but with others.
- In following Jesus, what am I called to leave behind?
- In following Jesus, what must I pick up and take with me?
- In following Jesus, what salvation will this bring about?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time