The Ascension of the Lord – [Thursday, 26 May 2022 – only is some places or] Sunday, 29 May 2022
Acts 1:1-11. Psalm 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9. Ephesians 1:17-23. OR Hebrews 9:24-28; 10:19-23. Luke 24:46-53.
Befriending God. Saint Luke addresses Theophilus at the beginning of the Acts of the Apostles. “Friend of God” is an apt translation of this Greek name. In addressing him, he is addressing each of us. We are called to witness to God in Christ as only a friend can do.
- How, as a friend, will I witness to Christ?
- How, as a friend, will I live the Christian life?
- How, as a friend, will I “teach” others, perhaps more by what I do than by what I say?
If the Ascension of the Lord is celebrated on Thursday, then use this bulletin short for the Seventh Sunday.
[ Seventh Sunday of Easter Time – 29 May 2022 – only in some places ]
Acts 7:55-60. Psalm 97:1-2, 6-7, 9. Revelation 22:12-14, 16-17, 20. John 17:20-26.
Being One. Jesus prays at the Last Supper that both his present and all future disciples be one in perfect unity. This unity is a Kingdom of Heaven goal. Even in our somewhat discordant world, praying and working for unity is our fervent task.
- How will I be one with my family?
- How will I be one with my friends?
- How can I be united with all those who believe in God – and even with those who do not believe?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time