Third Sunday of Easter – 01 May 2022
Acts 5:27-32, 40b-41. Psalm 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11-12, 13. Revelation 5:11-14. John 21-1-19.
Serving Breakfast. In this third appearance of the risen Lord to his followers, Jesus prepares breakfast on the shore for the disciples toiling in the sea. What an image! Jesus cooks. Jesus feeds them so they can go out and feed and tend the flock.
- What will this weekly meal of Communion enable me to be?
- What will this meal empower me to do?
- How can I then do the mercy work of giving drink to the thirsty and food to the hungry?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time