Second Sunday of Easter (or of Divine Mercy) – 24 April 2022
Acts 5:12-16. Psalm 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24. Revelation 1:9-11a, 12-13, 17-19. John 20:19-31.
Standing in Our Midst. Sometimes we just want proof. The words and witness of others is not always enough. Even when we do not ask for Jesus to come, he comes to us, just as he did to the disciples in the upper room. He is with us still, with us now, extending mercy and peace.
- What signs do I see of Christ being present, being with us being with me?
- How can I extend Christ’s Easter greeting of peace to others?
- How will I be an ambassador of mercy? What work will I do this week?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for the Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time