Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, Solemnity – 21 November 2021
Daniel 7:13-14. Psalm 93:1, 1-2, 5. Revelation 1:5-8. John 18:33b-37.
Alpha and Omega. Go look at the parish Easter Candle near the baptismal font. You see an Alpha (A) and an Omega (W), the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. They remind us that Christ, yesterday and today, is the Beginning and the End. To him belongs all time, all the ages, and glory and power for ever. Amen. Since he is more powerful than me:
- What will I believe about God’s Kingdom?
- What truth do I need to hear Jesus speak?
- What action will I do because it is right and true?
Use this prayer card to be ever mindful of the Works of Mercy.
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Solemnity of All Saints and The Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed (All Souls)