Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 12 September 2021
Isaiah 50:4c-9a. Psalm 116:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9. James 2:14-18. Mark 8:27-35.
Deny. Take. Follow. On the long journey to Jerusalem, Jesus clarifies that following the Christ (Peter’s response to Who am I?) requires denying self, taking up the cross, and following. Saint James helps make this clear with the need for mercy activity. Reread the Second Reading each day this week.
- Clothe the naked. What will I do?
- Feed the hungry. What will I do?
- Shelter the homeless. What will I do?
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Pentecost Sunday
- Bulletin Shorts for The Ascension of the Lord
- Bulletin Shorts for the Sixth and Seventh Sundays of Easter
- Bulletin Shorts for the Fifth Sunday of Easter
- Bulletin Shorts for the Fourth Sunday of Easter