Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 10 October 2021
Wisdom 7:7-11. Psalm 90:12-13, 14-15, 16-17. Hebrews 4:12-13. Mark 10:17-30.
Living for Eternal Life. Let us put ourselves into the gospel story today. All of us want to “inherit eternal life.” All of us strive to do what God commands, to do what is right and just. All of us strive to not let the things we have possess us. But it is hard going – impossible without reliance on God. This eternal life for which we long, this Kingdom of God in which we live now, is begun already in us and is fulfilled in completeness when we see God face-to-face for ever.
- What gets in my way of gaining eternal life – things, attitudes, behaviors?
- What mercy work will I do that lets me share what I have with someone in need?
- How will I follow Jesus more closely this week?
This post was first published on the worship pages of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois website.
Sunday Prayer Shaping Life and Belief
Written by Eliot Kapitan.
Permission is given to use, reprint, and distribute these bulletin shorts in any way you find helpful for your community.
Image credit: Photo by Dakota Roos on Unsplash.
- Bulletin Shorts for Thanksgiving Day
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Fourth or Last Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Bulletin Shorts for the Feast of The Dedication of the Lateran Basilica
- Bulletin Shorts for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time